Davis combined the Aunt Jemima look with a catchy tune from the Vaudeville circuit to make the Aunt Jemima brand. There were so many people interested in the Aunt Jemima exhibit, police were called for crowd control. Green served pancakes to thousands of people. People loved her warm personality and friendly demeanor, not to mention her cooking.
Green was given an award for showmanship at the exposition. As a result of her dedication, Aunt Jemima received 50, orders for pancake mix. Not only did flour sales soar, but Green received a lifetime contract to serve as spokesperson. She was a living legend of the brand until she died in a car accident in September Davis, experienced financial issues and the brand was sold to Quaker Oats two years later.
- Let Our Fame Be Great: Journeys Among the Defiant People of the Caucasus;
- Bestselling Series!
- Legend of Aunt Tiger;
- The Turn of a Century: Essays on Victorian and Modern English Literature.
- Fechner Clara Volkmann.
- Noise Uprising: The Audiopolitics of a World Musical Revolution.
Next was Chicago blues singer and actress Edith Wilson. She was the first Aunt Jemima to appear in television commercials. Create lists, bibliographies and reviews: or. Search WorldCat Find items in libraries near you.
Advanced Search Find a Library. Your list has reached the maximum number of items. Please create a new list with a new name; move some items to a new or existing list; or delete some items.
Your request to send this item has been completed. APA 6th ed. Note: Citations are based on reference standards.
- All Black legend Sir Michael Jones opens up about his life, family and new work.
- Search form.
- Adults Mathematical Thinking and Emotions: A Study of Numerate Practice (Studies in Mathematics Education Series)!
However, formatting rules can vary widely between applications and fields of interest or study. The specific requirements or preferences of your reviewing publisher, classroom teacher, institution or organization should be applied. The E-mail Address es field is required.enaderprotam.cf
Image from page 152 of "The black aunt. Stories and legends for children" (1848)
Please enter recipient e-mail address es. The E-mail Address es you entered is are not in a valid format. Please re-enter recipient e-mail address es.
- Fighter Command 1936 - 1968: An Operational and Historical Record.
- Corporate Social Disclosure: Critical Perspectives in China and Japan;
- This page has paths:.
- Experiments on Decisions under Risk: The Expected Utility Hypothesis.
- The Black Aunt Stories And Legends For Children English Edition.
- The Mystery of Analytical Work: Weavings from Jung and Bion.
- Related The Black Aunt Stories And Legends For Children English Edition books.
You may send this item to up to five recipients. The name field is required. Please enter your name. The E-mail message field is required. Please enter the message. Please verify that you are not a robot. Would you also like to submit a review for this item? You already recently rated this item. Your rating has been recorded.
Catalog Record: The black aunt : stories and legends for | HathiTrust Digital Library
Write a review Rate this item: 1 2 3 4 5. Preview this item Preview this item. The black aunt : Stories and legends for children.